Monday, November 3, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!!!

Okay, as shocking as it is that I am actually posting to my blog, we REALLY DID have an earthquake here this morning. I had just woken up, barely, and was still lying in bed when everything started to shake! It only lasted about 5-10 seconds, but I heard things on the walls rattling and felt the whole world shaking! I asked the Rancher, "Did you feel that?" he was mostly still asleep and said "No." After I got up and started the coffee, I checked the USGS website and sure enough there was a big red dot in the middle of Wyoming indicating an earthquake within the last hour! It was recorded at 6:13 am, and when I thought enough to look at the clock to mark the time it was 6:14 am. I talked to a neighbor this morning and though she didn't feel it, apparently it isn't as uncommon as I would like to think living here in central Wyoming. She had some great stories of one or two "doosies".

11 comments:

Emily said...

wow, at least it wasnt anything too bad :]

Kristi said...

Glad to hear you are okay!

Felt one of those when I was in high school. Weird feeling for those of us not used to them!!

A 'moving' eperience!!

Scott said...

Yikes!

We actually had one here in Ohio in 1986. I was in the cafeteria in high school and the whole place just started to ripple. It was weird!

Been having our own reminiscences this week of one year ago! Thanks again!

Wolfdog said...

YAY! a new post! ( my mom said to say that) that's interesting that Mr. Rancher didn't feel it. I was told that sometimes you can feel an earthquake, and two feet away there's nothing. Hey, I wonder if that had anything to do with me poking the map where you guys live.He he he

Melody said...

You rocked my world just by posting! :) More! More! More! (In your spare time, of course...)

Wendi said...

LOL!!! Melody, thanks a lot! Maybe I will post some more. I'm amazed that anyone is still reading after all this time!!!!

Genuine Lustre said...

Hi Wendi! What have you been up to since July 13? Has winter come to WY yet?

p.s. L and T are still corresponding infrequently. He's a man of few words - very few! The strong silent type? : P

AmusedMomma said...

Hey Wendi! How's it going in WY?

I've got a Meme for you if you care to participate!

Wendi said...

P,
Winter has not come to stay... we've had snow... I'll TRY to post my really cool October snow pictures. And yes, T is the strong silent type. Why dond't you send L out here for a Lopper exchange? I'm sure I could arrange for a chaperoned meeting?

Wendi

Wendi said...

amusedmamma,
We LOVE it here! Come on by for a visit! And yes, I'll try the meme... never done one before... do I post it on the blog or send it in an email? And, BTW, WHY is it called a meme?

I AM from Wyoming, ya know... a little behind the times, but pretty happy that way!

Wendi

Wendi said...

oops! That'd be LOOPER, not Lopper!

Off to bed for me!